1) When did start your business?
5 years ago.
2) Why did you start your business?
Took a soapmaking class with a person that I met at a beekeeping class.
3) What inspires you?
Living life as natural as possible and being in harmony with Mother Nature.
4) Where did you start?
5) Do you have a favorite product to make?
I love making body butters, soaps, lip balms, foot balms and other body care products.
6) Are you a solo operation or do you employ a staff?
7) What is your current best seller?
Body butters, foot balms, lip balms and soaps.
8) What is the most recent product you’ve made?
Soap made with cardamon.
9) Are you part time or full time?
10) Do you have an online business?
11) Does your business sponsor any local community organizations?
12) What is the most interesting thing about your products?
Handcrafted in small batches. No animal products used, no artificial ingredients. Scented with essential oils.
13) What are your long term plans for your business?
To visit remote areas, create contracts in Gahna and India and purchase raw materials for my products.
14) Do you have any plans for next year?
Expand by selling more products retail and wholesale.
15) Do you have any favorite suppliers?
Soapers Choice owned by Columbus OIl in Des Plaines, IL woman owned business.
16) What would you do with your business if you won a million dollars?
Increase equipment to a commercial level, travel to make contacts to purchase raw materials, create more ads to be discovered, sell abroad, hire other employees.
17) How did you adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic?
Started learning how to create Facebook and Instagram Ads as well as taking an online Aromatherapy Course.
18) Does your business have a specific mission?
I handcraft natural body care products to nourish the skin.
19) If you weren’t doing this, what would you be doing?
Heirloom gardening or beekeeping.
20) Favorite place to vacation?
21) What inspires you?
22) Is this your first business?
2nd business. First is a Eco Friendly Cleaning Service.
23) Do you have a favorite quote?
Maya Angelou. "We fall. We break, we fail, But then we rise, we heal, we overcome."
24) What do you like most about the operations of your business?
Creating new products. Flexibility.
25) What website hosting service do you use?
26) Do you vend at public events?
27) Do you vend at private events?
28) What is a personal goal of yours?
29) How do you make the world a better place?
30) What is your favorite thing about the world?
31) What is your favorite food?
32) What is your favorite music?
33) What is your favorite state in the Midwest?
34) What state in the Midwest do you live?
35) What is your favorite thing about the Midwest?
All of the Lakes.
36) What do you like to visit in your state?
Museums and gardens.
37) Have you ever been to your state's capital?
38) What is your favorite season?
39) Introduce yourself
Rebecca Adams, I create handcrafted natural body care products to nourish the skin.